Thursday, October 31, 2013

That's A Lot of Zeros

Nano- (symbol n) is a prefix meaning a billionth. Used primarily in the metric system, this prefix denotes a factor of 10−9 or 0.000000001

That's a lot of zeros.

But in the writing word, NANO is apparently shorthand for National Novel Writing Month, that is November.  Millions of writers band together to encourage each other through the achy wrists, red eyes and bleeding fingers associated with the commitment to write fifty thousand words and complete the rough draft of a novel in thirty days.

That's a lot of words.

And I jumped on the band wagon.

I wrote the rough draft of MOON DAUGHTER RISING in about three months. Time to put on my big girl panties and give up some entertainment time for the cause. And go on a few runs in between the keyboard marathons to unstress and brain storm my stories.

I am a little excited though. 50k words is actually about one and a half middle grade/ young adult novels. So I am going to work on two that I have started. I have mentioned them on here for those of you following my blog, but not in detail. Looking forward to your feedback on the blurbs I am sure I will be posting.

THE ADVENTURES OF DOM SANDERS- 1990s Tom Sawyer
SAMANA'S FLAIR- desert elves and men battle an evil king

Cheers! And good luck to my fellow Nano participants!

No comments:

Post a Comment