Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Not a Pitchwars mentee....Now what?

For two weeks, I was rubber cemented to the twitter feed in hopes of being picked by a pickwars mentor. But alas, MOON DAUGHTER RISING and I are still on our own.  I want to thank the three mentors that gave me feedback via email. It was super fabulous of you to do that even though it wasn't required.  And one in particular confirmed that Native American subjects in the middle grade genre are currently being seeked by agents and publishers.

Disappointment is still hovering over me, and I keep thinking "Now what?"  The feedback I have gotten varies so much, I really don't know where to go from here.  Obviously my query needs desperate help.  Should I start there?  And once I get to the manuscript, how should I rewrite it?

The next few months are going to be packed with, well, packing as we prepare for the big move in March.  I think I better set some goals so I can stick to them.  Will you all help keep me accountable?

  • Finish Dom Sanders novel first draft by Christmas.
  • Edit and rewrite Dom Sanders novel by January 14th.
  • Rewrite MOON DAUGHTER RISING's query and synopsis and research more agents to submit to by Dec 31st.
  • Submit Dom Sanders to Kitsap Writer's Group for critique on February beta meeting.
  • Finish rewrite of MOON DAUGHTER RISING by February 15th.
  • Resubmit MOON DAUGHTER RISING to agents in early March.
  • Just for kicks, get writing on the third novel I have started, SAMANA'S FLAIR

No comments:

Post a Comment