Saturday, September 6, 2014

Just call me The Query Helper!

First off, thank you so much to all the awesome #pitchwars and writerly friends who retweeted my Query Helper offer last week. For those of you who are looking at your screen kinda funny, I volunteered to critique the queries of five Pitchwars participants that didn't get chosen by a mentor. This popped up because during WriteOnCon, I really enjoyed helping people with their query letters.

Don't fear all the red!


Last week, I took seven fabulous writer's queries and helped them as best I could. And. I. Loved. It. So I got to thinkin' maybe this should be a regular thing. I searched around to make sure "query helper" wasn't already a thing, and with google's reassurance, I have an announcement.

I've decided to be The Query Helper regular and often!

The next one will go live Monday, just in time to help whip those queries into shape for the awesome #pitchmad agent requests we are all going to get! So keep your eyes out for the hashtag #thequeryhelper, then swing back over here, comment with an answer to my big, burning question, and leave your email. I'll get back to the first five that comment with a request for their query! And I promise to get them all back by Tuesday, cross my query-lovin' heart.

 

2 comments:

  1. I said it before but you are awesome to offer up your time and efforts to help with queries! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very generous of you. I might take you up on the offer....

    ReplyDelete