I'm also proud to say that my Freelance Editing Services got a tremendous boost this summer. I'm so thankful to all my clients, old and new, for making this dream a reality. Not to mention, it helps with life's expenses, not dis-cluding the tuition for my girl's school this year.
Also, I've discovered Amazon Unlimited. To my husband's exasperation, poor guy.
GUESS WHAT? A short story that I submitted and was paid for over a year ago is finally going to be printed in 2017! I got the official word this week via email, so keep your eyes on my social media for when it releases. It's for the story "Wearing Teresa's Boots" that I mentioned months and months ago!
Okay onto my favorite writing topic this time of year.....
NATIONAL NOVEL WRITING MONTH IS UPON US!!!
I can easily confirm that #NANO has singularly made my writing career possible. I've won for three years in a row and intend to keep up the tradition. This year will complete the draft of my fantasy trilogy. I'm throwing out about 15k words from last year to rewrite now the first two novels are in better shape.
WHY should you join the world-wide wackiness that is NaNoWriMo? Here are five good reasons!
- International Event: You won't be alone! We're talking thousands of people committing to the same insane goal of 50 thousand words in 30 days.
- TONS of support: Forums to post in, blog and vlogs, virtual write-ins, local write-ins... if there is a will there is a way, so just do it.
- Cool swag before, during, and after, plus winner discounts and freebies...... example A below:
- What you really get out of it: Writing habit, creativity flow, networking, word counting convenience, and just plain writing the words down. No pressure, right?
- IF you need one more reason: #thequeryhelper be giving away three (3) query letter critiques at the end of the month for anyone that wins NANO! So be sure to follow my blog, network with me, and come on back on December 1st once you've crossed that finish line!
Are you participating in NANO this year? What's your favorite part of NANO or what are you most looking forward to?