Monday, November 7, 2016

Book Review: The Snowglobe by Jenna Nelson

In an effort to keep myself excited about the young adult novel trilogy I'm writing, I've also been reading a lot of that age category fiction. I have to admit that I've read a lot of novels that I've not been impressed with. I've put some down, or dragged myself through one.

This is not the case with Jenna Nelson's THE SNOWGLOBE.




It's been on my GoodReads to-read list forever, and then I discovered Kindle Unlimited on Amazon, much to my husband's concern.

With beautiful writing and an unexpected plot, this YA novel was a refreshing take on a hero's journey with a dark side. The prose reminded me of Juliet Marillier, and hooked me from the first page. 

There were a few things that sort of just happened to the main character, and I wanted her to take the initiative and use her magic a bit more or even consider it as an option. Other than that, I think this book is well worth the money. I hope that there will be a series that comes out of this story! I gave it 4/5 stars.

Looking for a smart, quirky epic fantasy? Grab a copy of this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment