Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Storystorm Part 2: Some Ideas Deserve a Drawer

Well, for my second year in a row, I've completed #Storystorm. Technically, last year it was #PiBoIdMo. The general idea is an idea each day for a whole month.



I'm super excited about a dozen or so of those ideas.

And then there are the other ones.

You know, the ones that deserve a drawer and a bunch of brainstorming. The obscure, the odd ball, the flashes of brilliance that are ridiculous when you think of them and add them to your list but may later be the masterpieces you initially imagined they'd be.




Here are a few of mine for 2017:

Cutting wood - learning the value of hard work
Human squirrel
Mikayla's pile of blankets
Little glasses


So if they deserve the drawer put them there and slam it shut if it makes you feel better.




Just be sure to pull them out once in a while and see if they are ready to show off their shine.

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Storystorm. I will have to look it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did Storystorm, too. It's great to generate new ideas. I already started my first rough draft of one idea.

    Your "human squirrel" reminded me of a new book coming out that sounds good. It's called The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl: Squirrel Meets World by Shannon and Dean Hale. I found a link to it in the PW newsletter a while ago and that link led me to a sample of the first pages. It sounds like a book I would have read as a child.

    ReplyDelete